Based on the rules for pressure vessel design and construction, this course is a comprehensive introduction to the requirements of Section VIII, Division 1 including background, organization, design, materials, fabrication, inspection, testing and documentation of pressure vessels. The more commonly used subsections and paragraphs will be covered, and a discussion of individual problems or situations will be included. This course is intended for beginners, as well as experienced vessel designers who would like to update their knowledge of the Code.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the background of the Code rules
- Apply the Code rules to more common design and fabrication situations
- Perform calculations for some of the loadings and situations not addresses by the Code
- Prepare design specifications, design reports, Data Reports, and other documentation
- Designing more efficient pumping systems
Who should attend:
Individuals involved with the purchase, design, fabrication, or inspection of pressure vessels. Some degree of technical background will be helpful, but such individuals are not required to have an Engineering degree or previous work experience in the subject matter.
An overview of code organization, editions and addenda will be given, and participants will learn how to prepare and submit an inquiry to the Code Committee for Code Interpretation, Code Cases or Code revision.
- Code rules, scope and jurisdiction
- General requirements related to materials and testing
- Material toughness and impact testing requirements
- Joint categories and joint efficiencies
- General requirements related to stamping, reports, testing, PWHT, tolerances
- Welding requirements
- Committees, operation and voting procedures
- Editions, addenda and interpretations
- Design Requirements
- Design loadings and allowable stresses
- Design criteria and strength theory for Division 2
- Formulas for internal pressure and tensile loading
- Procedures for external pressure (vacuum) and compressive loads
- Openings and reinforcement
- Hydrostatic and pneumatic testing
- Background of the design rules
- Open discussion of design problems
The precise content may change on the day depending on the specific needs of the delegates.
For volume discounts and in-house rates, please contact:
Phindi Mbedzi at 2KG Training
Tell: +27 (0) 11 325 0686
Cell: +27 (0) 71 125 6188